Microsoft Research Fellowship 2022 is open for applications. The program aims to bring up the researchers from the new generation. The fellowship offers many grants to participants for their academic endeavors.
This PhD fellowship is an informative combination of mentorship, research projects, networking and academic opportunities. Participants can secure their future through opportunities like these. Since its commencement, the program has successfully attracted over one thousand Asian Pacific researchers from reputed universities. Over 440 Ph.D. students have been awarded Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship. The respected fellows have become prominent researchers of today.
Fellows will enjoy this long-term research fellowship. The selected ones get an opportunity to work as an intern with Microsoft, Beijing. During the internship, you can gain experience working on real projects.
Eligibility Criteria :
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Microsoft Research Fellowship:
- All international Ph.D. students can apply; the fellowship is open globally.
- Applicants must have attended or attended university in the specific region they are applying for. For example, fellows applying for the Asia-Pacific region must be studying in mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore or Taiwan.
- Fellows must be doing research work related to computing topics of Microsoft Research.
- Applicants must be graduating in 2024 or later.
- Moreover, applicants and their advisors must provide supporting documents if demanded.
The Microsoft Research Fellowship offers the following attractive benefits:
- $10,000 for research expenses and academic activities.
- The recipient can utilize the amount to attend international events, subsidize papers, and pay patent application fees.
- Each recipient is allotted a senior, experienced mentor. Therefore, an individual gets undivided help in their research until their graduation.
- The recipient has the permit to attend the international Microsoft Research Asia Academic Conference.
- The advisors might receive invites to collaborate on research projects and academic events of Microsoft Research Asia.
- Recipients must provide signed recommendation letters from renowned scholars.
How To Apply?
- Updated CV.
- Research statement. (Not more than 1,000 words)
- Scanned copies of at least two reference letters from reputable researchers via email. Those recommending you should send recommendation letters.
- Create an account on the online portal.
- Log in and submit your application in any of the following formats:
- Word document.
- Text file.
- Applications submitted by email or hard copy would not be considered.
- Please submit your applications before 11:59 PM Beijing Time on June 10, 2022.
- Ph.D. applicants can directly apply for the fellowship.
- Submit a research statement highlighting your current research work and accomplishments and shed light on your outstanding contribution to the field of academics. Furthermore, your statement must include your plans, motivation for the research and research plan for Ph.D. studies.
For more information regarding this application, visit the official website