British Orthopaedic Research Society (BORS) and Bone & Joint Research (BJR) Travelling Fellowships applications are now open. The fellowship will be a three-week travel programme, starting at the ORS 2023 Annual Meeting (10th to 14th February 2023) in Dallas, Texas, and touring round centres of excellence in North America. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Travelling Fellowship Application” by 31st July 2022 with your application.
The fellowship will be a three-week travel programme, starting at the ORS 2023 Annual Meeting (10th to 14th February 2023) in Dallas, Texas, and touring round centres of excellence in North America. BORS and BJR will cover reasonable travel and accommodation costs, and provide reasonable subsistence for the duration of the fellowship. Registration to the 2023 ORS Annual Meeting will also be included. The fellowship offers a unique opportunity for accelerated career progression and building an enhanced professional reputation in orthopaedic research, both nationally and internationally. You will visit orthopaedic centres of excellence in North America, meet with internationally recognised leaders in the field, learn about their current research interests and have the opportunity to present your research to them. In doing so, fellows may recognise potential areas of research overlap with the greater international community, leading to new collaborations and research opportunities.
How To Apply?
Please email email@example.com with the email subject “Travelling Fellowship Application” by
31st July 2022 with the following:
- A 500-word statement detailing:
• Your motivation – you may wish to discuss why this is the right time for you to apply,
what you want to achieve with the fellowship, how this fellowship could facilitate or
influence your longer-term career ambitions
• The science you will disseminate – you may wish to discuss research you could present
at the centres you will visit and why is it important to promote and discuss these
• How your experience aligns to the aims of BORS and the fellowship scheme – you
may wish to highlight your approach to collaboration, any previous organisational
roles for professional societies, events and meetings, your contributions to the field
outside your own research such as peer review, examples of your commitment to the
field of orthopaedic research.
• Two centres you would like to visit in North America (optional) – you may wish to
discuss the rationale for these choices, such as relevance to your recent findings,
research objectives, or career ambitions.
- A 1-page CV
- A list of publications (optional).
- A statement acknowledging and agreeing to meet the expectations of the fellowships if your
application is successful.
- Confirmation that you are a BORS member (or that you have applied to become a member and
your application is pending approval)
- Note that abstract submission to ORS 2023 is not linked to the travelling fellowship application process
and should applicants wish to present at the conference during the fellowship then they will also need
to submit to ORS 2023 (abstract deadline at the time of writing: 29th August 2022).
For more information, visit the official website