The fellowship is offering up 20 female researchers from developing economies up to AU$20,000 each, to work in partnership with an Australian education institution to undertake a research project over one to four months. This round of the fellowship aims to support women’s economic empowerment in the APEC region and human capital development in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)-related fields in developing economies.
Since 2015, the APEC-Australia Women in Research Fellowship has helped many women in STEM fields by providing them with opportunities to work with professionals from reputable Australian research institutions. This fellowship is designed to assist with the particular challenges women in research face in undertaking cross-border research activities by providing financial support, helping them to connect with international researchers and world-class facilities, and developing a professional network.
The APEC-Australia Women in Research Fellowship, initiated by the Australian Government, aims to support economic and technical cooperation to address the many challenges and opportunities that face the region. By enhancing research and fostering innovative growth among APEC economies, the 2022 fellowship program will enable women researchers to advance their capabilities and expertise STEM fields.
In alignment with the 2016 – 2030 APEC Education Strategy, the APEC-Australia Women in Research Fellowships program aims to:
- Increase the participation of women and girls in STEM, improving their employability, social well-being and contributing to the sustainable growth of their communities
- Advance the careers of women researchers in STEM, as well as support mobility and research collaboration
- Provide female researchers with opportunities to expand their professional networks and have access to leading academics, facilities and equipment in Australia to develop their research interests and competencies
- Foster opportunities to develop partnerships between research institutions in APEC economies and deliver high-quality research outputs
- Be a female citizen and/or permanent resident of an ODA-eligible APEC economy: People’s Republic of China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Thailand and Viet Nam
- Not be an Australian citizen and/or permanent resident
- Have a conferred PhD degree by 1 April 2022
- Available to commence their proposed program in Australia between 1 July 2022 and
30 April 2023
- Provide all relevant supporting documentation in English
- Obtain agreement from an academic supervisor from an Australian academic institution and/or organisation
- Not be undertaking research or training that leads to a formal qualification between 1 July 2022 and 30 April 2023.
How To Apply?
Ensure you have included all of these documents before sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed Application Form
- Completed Applicant Sponsor Form by nominated Australian academic institution/organisation
- Certified Copy of citizenship or permanent residency
- Certified Copy of academic transcripts
- Two referee letters
- Evidence of support and language suitability from the host
- Research CV and list of publications
- Current passport copy (minimum 1-year validity)
Please note: An English translation is required if original documents are not in English