The submission period for the Green Talents Competition 2022 is open now. The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) has held the prestigious “Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” to promote the international exchange of ideas regarding green solutions since 2009. The award honours 25 young researchers from around the world each year who are engaged in excellent interdisciplinary work on environmental topics. The winners come from various scientific disciplines and are recognised for their outstanding achievements in making our societies more sustainable. The call is open to all disciplines.
The Green Talents are selected by a high-ranking jury of German experts and are granted unique access to the elite of the country’s sustainability research field. This includes:
• An invitation to a multi-day Virtual Science Forum in October 2022 with “Science sessions” with leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies, which will virtually provide exclusive insights into their leading-edge research and projects.
• A chance to present themselves and their work in virtual one-on-one discussions held as part of individual appointments with experts of their choice (during the Virtual Science Forum).
• An invitation to Germany in 2023 for a fully funded research stay of up to three months. At an inspiring location of their choice, the Green Talents will gain new experiences and advance their professional careers while establishing long-lasting partnerships.
• Exclusive access to the “Green Talents network” of currently 307 high potentials in sustainable development from over 72 countries.
How To Apply?
To Apply, applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Enrolment in a Master’s or PhD programme or a degree (Master’s/PhD) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
• Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach realising the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
• Strong interest in establishing collaborations with Germany’s leading scientific experts
• No more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
• Proven excellent command of English
• Significantly above-average grades
• Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany
For more details on this application, Visit the official website