Applications are invited from researchers wishing to visit the Centre for Health Economics at the University of York to produce a collaborative piece of research with suitable outputs, led by the applicant.
Applications from experienced career researchers are particularly welcome, but we will consider early career researchers who make an exceptionally strong application and have a well thought out project proposal. The value of the fellowship is up to £5,500, intended as a contribution towards living and travel expenses associated with the visit. Visits should take place between August 2022 and July 2023.
The Fellowships were first launched in 2006 as a tribute to our late colleague Professor Alan Williams and his legacy, to enable health economists from anywhere in the world to spend time in York, working on collaborative research.
- Applicants should have a clear and achievable research plan in any area of health economics, broadly defined within the current research interests of the Centre for Health Economics.
- The research should be collaborative with one or more member(s) of CHE staff but will be led by the applicant.
- Appropriate outputs from the research should be specified, such as a journal paper or a research grant application.
- A list of CHE’s research themes is provided below, although this is intended to be indicative rather than comprehensive. Further information on each area of CHE research is available on our website.
- The proposals should be for one or more visits to the Centre for Health Economics totalling between two and six months in duration.
- Fellows will present their research to a CHE Seminar during their visit.
How To Apply?
- Please send your application to Gill Forder who will circulate your application to CHE staff.
- If a member of staff agrees to act as host, your application will then go forward to the selection panel for consideration.
Applicants should send the following information to Gill Forder, by email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A description of the proposed research plan together with the reason why you want to visit and collaborate with CHE
- The proposed visit dates
- A CV
Closing date for applications: Friday 20th May 2022.
For more information on this application, visit the official website