The Google Data Analyst Apprenticeship is a 20-month program offering training and development to individuals looking to start a career in data analytics. This program is a structured learning and development opportunity. Apprentices participate in on-the-job training and related technical instruction, as well as career readiness workshops and opportunities to develop professional skills. Upon completion, apprentices receive a nationally-recognized credential, certified by the U.S. Department of Labor. The Data Analytics track also includes completing the corresponding Google Career Certificate.
As a Data Analytics apprentice at Google, you will develop the skills you need to become a Data Analyst.
You will develop working knowledge of essential data analysis skills and have practice using platforms such as spreadsheets, SQL, Tableau, and R programming. You will also gain a deep understanding of when to use these skills within the data lifecycle and how they translate to different business units solving issues with data. You will deliver on customer business objectives by helping improve the way they measure impact, attribute value, and act on Google media recommendations.
The apprenticeship will begin on September 12 with a three-week virtual onboarding experience, followed by an immersive 6-week bootcamp with Google’s apprenticeship partner, Multiverse, to build a foundational understanding of the profession. Apprentices will then join a Google team to train on-the-job, while continuing to engage in track-specific learnings and career workshops throughout the program. The program includes 2 rotations, and you will be supported day-to-day by a manager for each of them. Towards the end of the program, you’ll receive holistic career readiness support and will have the time and space to prepare for your next endeavor.
A typical week in the life of a Google apprentice will require 40 structured hours of both learning and work. You’ll follow a hybrid model, as you work towards completing the required competencies. You’ll dedicate 1-2 days a week to virtual lessons with our external training provider, such as spotlighting a particular concept or participating in a professional development workshop. Your remaining days are spent gaining practical experience through different projects on your Google team.
This apprenticeship is intended for individuals who want to learn and develop entry-level technical and professional skills in Data Analytics. If you’re currently pursuing or have completed a degree in a Data Analytics-related field, we encourage you to browse our University Graduate & Internship opportunities.
Find more details about apprenticeships and a list of FAQs on g.co/Apprenticeships.
- Use data to glean insights and drive business decisions.
- Use data to quantify business impact.
- Conduct custom analysis to uncover industry insights for Google’s customer and internal teams.
- Optimize media by measuring/integrating business performance data in Google Ads platforms.
- Measure media impact across all marketing channels by using Google’s measurement solutions and third-party tools.
How To Apply?
- High school degree, GED equivalent, or practical experience.
- Not currently enrolled in or completed a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree program in a data analyst-related field.
- Has not started or completed the Google Data Analytics Career Certificate.
- Less than 1 year of relevant data analyst experience.
Apply by visiting the official website