Finance your future with a Standard Bank Bursary Fund
Nothing should stop you achieving the goals you’ve set yourself. And we’re passionate about giving every young person the opportunity to thrive.
That’s why we’ve developed the Standard Bank Group Bursary. It offers you financial support to help you study, gain an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification, and make your ambitions a reality – whatever they may be.
It’s just one of the ways we’re working to drive academic excellence throughout the continent, to ensure everyone has the best chance to succeed – so we can help shape the next generation of Africa’s talent.
What does it cover? Full tuition costs; Textbooks; Accommodation; Medical aid; Living allowance; Laptop; Mentoring and psychological support.
WHO CAN QUALIFY?
The Standard Bank Group Bursary is available if you require funding for your first, second, third and final year of undergraduate studies – as well as if you want to pursue your postgraduate studies up to Master’s level.
To apply, you must:
- Be a South African citizen
- Have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations (mid-year / June)
- Be registered for full time undergraduate or postgraduate studies
- Meet the admission requirements of your university if applying for a post-graduate bursary.
To qualify, you should be well-rounded academically, with strong performance in any of the following fields:
- Actuarial science
- Computer and data science
- Information technology
If you get through the first stage of application, we’ll invite you to participate in a formal assessment process, including (but not limited to) psychometric evaluation and an interview. Financial need is considered in applications.
How To Apply
- Click here to access the Study Trust Standard Bank Group Bursary Fund and follow the link to the online application platform powered by Xhuma. Applications can be submitted using the Xhuma WhatsApp facility or through the Xhuma website
- 2023 bursary application season: April 2022 to 30 September 2022
- Enquiries may be directed to Susan Dube at email@example.com