A Technology Platform Our Smartphone Apps connect waste generators to collectors and recyclers. We help our customers and network of independent waste haulers work towards more sustainable waste practices, uncover cost savings in their waste stream up to 35%, develop new ways to reduce, reuse and recycle waste and then provide the processed product to reputable companies who will sustainably recycle the raw materials into new products. We are leading the world away from landfills and towards a circular economy. A dramatic rethinking of how materials are used, where everything has continued value.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldHuman Resources / HR
We are a waste and recycling management company in Lagos seeking an experienced HR Manager to manage our workforce. The HR Manager will ensure the workforce are engaged, content and productive. Most importantly, promote its corporate values and shape a positive culture both in our Lagos and Ibadan offices.
The HR practitioner must be certified and must have generalist experience.
Reporting: Managing Director
Responsibilities will include:
- Represent the company in management-employee relations while supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Responsible for organising, directing, and controlling the workers in all departments to ensure that work is carried out effectively and efficiently and achieve a high level of integrity of character such as good teamwork, cooperation, coordination, honesty and dedication to duty.
- Provide counselling on application of policies and procedures and ensure that the workers do their jobs as instructed and comply with the policies of the company.
- Ensure that workers who fail to do their job or are not in compliance with the company policies are disciplined as stipulated in the company’s HR manual or as generally accepted in cases that are not covered by the manual.
- Provide daily advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, etc.
- Prepare, provide, and report information on data such as staff turnover, cost per hire, references, training hours per person, performance appraisal metrics etc.
- Develop, implement, and review HR strategies to ensure that it is in line with the business of the company and to ensure it gives support to the strategic business unit of the company. The strategies must be flexible to cope with change when it occurs.
- Responsible for the planning of leave for employees as at when due, the replacement of employees on leave and resource planning of employees re-joining from leave of any form either maternity, paternity, sick leave etc.
- Responsible for conducting training needs, analysis and designs as well as implementing these designs with input from other department heads and controlling the budget allocated.
- Monitor staff performance and ensure all employees receive appraisal in accordance with company policy and probationary periods.
- Responsible for coordinating recruitment for the company through the management recruitment team. Supervise the process, interviews, and senior hires when necessary. Be actively involved in the recruitment and selection process. Preparing all necessary tools for this activity. In all, managing the entire process from start to finish.
- Ensure that all job descriptions are up to date and create new ones when necessary.
- Monitor and deal with performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way while remaining within ethical bounds.
- Responsible for reviewing staff salaries and consulting with other department heads for pay increase where necessary. Implementing these reviews and promotions where necessary.
- Support other departments and maintain succession plans for the respective departments.
- Payroll management, administration of staff benefits and perks and ensure it is accurate and done on time.
- Creating and implementing effective onboarding plans.
- Management of all employee records according to organisational policy and legal requirements.
- Coordinating effective communication and the disbursement of information as at when due using all appropriate channels with the organisation.
- Developing of all working templates in conjunction with other department heads to ease workflow and easy comprehension of processes and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding of the organisation’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Accurately record, analyse and produce all required HR data and reports. This includes recurrent and ad hoc HR data metric/dashboard.
- Ensure accurate employee database management, monitor, and track performance management.
- Document effective SLAs and KPIs, monitor and track to ensure excellent, efficient and value adding service delivery.
- Drive optimal performance and lead continuous improvements through periodical knowledge sessions.
- Conduct training analysis, assess training needs, design, and implement training programs accordingly.
- B.Sc. Business Management, Human Resource Management, Economics, Accounting, or related fields.
- Must have an MSc/MBA in Human Resource Management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ proven managerial experience in human resource management.
- Experience in the waste management industry is a plus
- Certifications from CIPM, CIPD, PHRi will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations.
- High numeracy ability and commercial acumen.
- Must be people oriented and results driven.
- Excellent coaching and presentation skills
- Specialist knowledge in performance management and reward is an added advantage.
- Familiar with best practice redundancy processes and experienced in coaching managers through this and leading where necessary.
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions. Ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented.
- Demonstrate an understanding of personalities and behavioural styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decisions around resource planning, reporting structures and relationships.
- The ability to inspire confidence of top executives through timely delivery of information and plans.
- Ability to create a balance between management goals and employee interests.
- People oriented and results driven
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Role involves frequent travel to Ibadan.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.