CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 10,000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
A self-starter with an interest in compelling storytelling through innovative methods; ● Attention to detail, while not losing sight of broader objectives; ● Strong interpersonal and networking skills, especially working with multicountry, multi-time zone teams; ● Creativity and willing to propose ideas; ● Ability to work to tight deadlines and multitask.
- Should have a degree in communications, development, journalism or related field or equivalent experience, ideally with a focus on communications or advocacy.
- Strong interest in working in non-profit organisations, charitable networks, and/or public service institutions.
- Ability to translate knowledge and concepts into creative multimedia, for diverse audiences
- Demonstrated working fluency in English. Working knowledge of Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese Russian or French an advantage.
How To Apply
The closing deadline for applications is Close of Business on the April 15th, 2022. Interested candidates should email their application to email@example.com
Your application should comprise of
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Short listed candidates will be contacted April 22, 2022 to schedule interviews.
Read more on the communications internship call