Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation is a grant making organization established in 2016 to support local, national and regional non – profit organizations working to address challenges and associated vulnerabilities across the African Continent. ACT Foundation have adopted a responsive approach to grant making. By funding focused-interventions, we work across a broad spectrum of developmental issues clustered within our focus areas (link focus areas tab).
ACT Foundation believes that grant making is a critical tool in engineering social change, and even more we are inspired by the long and short term partnerships we make. Our strength lies in the partnerships we create and sustain through funding for programs and activities that have great potential of altering the downward trajectory of development on the African continent. Our mission to drive sustainable impact across Africa pushes us beyond boundaries; and as such we always strive to do more.
Grant Eligibility Criteria
- Organizations must work within the ACT Foundation’s focus areas of Health, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Environment.
- Organizations applying for this grant should be registered with the appropriate legal entity within their respective (African) countries for not less than. TWO years( 24 months).
- Must be legally registered as a nonprofit organization.(GTE/LTD). However, if you are applying as a social enterprise, the Foundation will only fund initiatives that are not for profit.
- It is required that you show a strong governance structure. Kindly note that the details of the board of directors should reflect in the company’s registration documents. If not, please update.
- You will be required to show evidence of other sources of funding.
- The organization applying is required to have a minimum staff strength of 3 part time/full time paid Individuals.
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary;
- Program/Initiative must be implemented in within Africa;
- Program must be innovative and impact driven
The duration of the proposed program must be within a maximum of 12 months and the Call for Application closes on 7th of November 2022 11:59 pm (WAT)
Only organizations whose applications are successful will be contacted to submit full proposals.
Read more about the ACT Foundation Grants here