The Youth for Water and Climate Programme is an 8-month capacity-building program for young professionals in the water and climate sector, led by the International Secretariat for Water, Solidarity Water Europe, cewas, Global Water Partnership, Global Water Partnership Hungary, Global Water Partnership Central and Eastern Europe, and GoodPlanet Belgium.
The program will offer two five-day in-person workshops, a mentorship opportunity, support in finding an internship, a community of practice and a complete online curriculum to support youth who wish to further develop their professional skills and/or entrepreneurial skills in the water and climate sector.
This program, financed by Erasmus+, targets youth aged 18-30, currently based in Hungary, France, Sweden, Belgium, and Slovakia, who wish to develop a bankable project in their communities or wish to pursue a career within an existing organisation in the water and climate sector.
Learn and boost your skills
Throughout the YWC Programme, you will be invited to complete the online curriculum at your own pace. The blended mobility workshops will offer in-person capacity building activities around the four themes of the curriculum modules:
- Take-up a career in the water & climate sector,
- Develop personal professional skills to become a great leader,
- Learn how to start an impactful business or plan your own project,
- Start a professional career in a water and climate organization.
Receive mentoring from experienced professionals
During the entire program, you will be matched with a mentor, an experienced professional from the water and climate sector, with whom you shall connect at least once a month via phone, Skype/WhatsApp or email. You will receive guidance to maximize the impact of this relationship through the Mentorship Guide developed by the partners.
Get support to find an internship
If you wish to take part in a 4–6-month internship in 2022, the YWC Partners will help you find an internship that suits your learning objectives. Even though we cannot guarantee an internship for all participants, we will do our very best to help guide you towards interesting opportunities.
What are the selection criteria?
- 18-30 years old
- Currently living in one of the following countries: France, Sweden, Slovakia, Hungary, Belgium (you must be based in one of these countries for the entire duration of the program)
- Studying, working and/or volunteering in a field related to water and climate
- Strong commitment and interest for water and climate related issues (national, regional or international level)
- Significant motivation to take part in the program & availability to take part in all the program activities.
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Must have access to Internet
The fees and costs related to the workshops will be covered by the program:
- International transportation (economy class seats)
- Basic accommodation (take note that you might have to share a room with another participant of the same gender)
- 3 meals per day
- Local transportation
- Activities and program expenses
Covered by the participants:
- Insurance (mandatory)
- Other personal expenses
How can I apply?
To apply, submit the application form, including a short 2min video presentation and a 200-word essay (more information in the form).
Deadline : September 23rd 2021, 11:59 PM GMT.
Read more on the Youth for Water and Climate Programme website