Nigerian Youth SDGs Network, Afrika Youth Movement and Center For Youth Advocacy and Development is calling for applications for its inaugural Speak Up, Stand Out (SUSO) Program. The SUSO Program aims to empower young community based social changemakers and transformers with media and information literacy knowledge, grassroots mobilisation skills to participate meaningfully in the socio-political development of their communities and influencing policies that affect youth.
The project will empower 20 Activists with the knowledge, skills and resources to organise activism to challenge issues affecting youth, develop innovative ways to engage other young people and social actors to campaign and drive social change. Activists will receive monthly technical and financial support including mini-grants to create and implement a pilot project with 25 Advocates within 12 months.
Peace and Security
- Training and Support on youth activism, youth mobilisation, media and information literacy, etc.
- Opportunity to lead a funded project with support and resources to help you achieve success
- Opportunity to achieve your dream of creating meaningful social change in Nigeria with a team of passionate young people
- Monthly stipend and opportunity to travel within Nigeria
Who Should Apply?
- We seek applications from young activists who would be available and willing to work hard building with other young people and engaging actively in the Program for 13 months. The Program cycle begins in October 2021 and ends in October 2022. An ideal fellow should fit the profile outlined below;
- Young man or woman between 18 and 35 years who are passionate about any of these thematic areas of the Program; Education, Employment, Governance, Peace and Security
- Applicants can be students, initiators of a socially focused organisation or freelancers, but must commit at least 20 hours per week to the Program.
- Applicants must be available to participate in the Program activities, including implementation of community projects within the duration of the Program.
- Applicants must show leadership potentials and work and interact with other young people across different cities.
- Applicants must be residents in any of these three Nigerian states; Abuja, Lagos or Enugu.
The SUSO Program is implemented under the Voice Global Nigeria Influencing Grants targeting organisations and networks to strengthen their lobby and advocacy capacities including to amplify the voice of marginalised and discriminated groups.
For more details, read more on the Speak Up, Stand Out! – The SUSO For Changemakers website
For Enquiries; Kindly send an email to email@example.com