Seeking concept notes for strengthening youth’s mental health in East Africa and southern Africa
The USAID Youth Excel: Our Knowledge, Leading Change program is conducting a grant competition in six African countries. Grantees will test and adapt solutions for a cross-sectoral problem in a regional context through youth-led “research-for-change” approaches for positive youth development.
Youth Excel seeks concept notes from local youth-led and youth-serving organizations to strengthen mental health and psychosocial support for marginalized and vulnerable youth in East Africa and Southern Africa.
Who is eligible to submit a concept note
Local youth-led and youth-serving organizations who meet the minimum criteria and share Youth Excel’s objectives are eligible to apply.
Organizations led by or serving marginalized groups, which may include age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and other identities, are encouraged to apply. The grant competition is not restricted to certain technical sectors or to research organizations.
August 11, 2021, 11:59 p.m., East Africa Time
How to submit a concept note
- Download the request for application (PDF, 410 KB) Added July 7, 2021.
- Download the Letter of Support Template (Word, 33 KB) Added July 7, 2021.
- Attend our information session webinar on July 27, 2021, at 1 p.m., East Africa Time. Register for the webinar.
- Attend our second information session webinar on August 2, 2021, at 3 p.m., East Africa Time. Register for the webinar.
- Submit your concept note.