Capitalizing on UNESCO Global Action Program (GAP) on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Partner Network 4 Action Plan & UNESCO GREEN TVET strategy, As part of UNESCO new Platform “ESD for 2030”, and in collaboration with UNESCO Beirut, UNESCO Headquarter and ODDD collective, the key partners are happy to announce the implementation of the Regional Leadership Training Program (LTP) on ESD & Green TVET for Arab youth in September 2020.
This program builds on successful previous projects in this regard, including the implementation of the National (February 2017) & the Arab World regional (August 2017) ESD Leadership trainings. It also seeks to scale up the youth leadership response facing the COVID19 impacts on the world in general and the Arab region in specific.
The program seeks to apply a joint cross-sectoral, inter-disciplinary, and innovative approach that combines elements from both UNESCO programs, with a focus on the empowerment and leadership of youth in the Arab region, as change agents for sustainable development, through 3 main pillars:
- Development and implementation of capacity-building framework for Youth Leaders
- Follow-up and mentorship with the trained youth for implementation of local initiatives
- Establishment of youth-led network for exchange and collaboration on ESD & Green TVET
Designed for young people from the Arab region aged 18-35 who are active leaders in sustainable
development in their communities and regions, this training seeks to:
- Empower youth leaders to inspire and mobilize others to take action towards building more
sustainable, just and resilient communities
- Build a youth-led ESD and Green TVET network for exchange and collaboration*
to meet and collaborate with other ESD/Green TVET youth leaders from around the
6) Have success stories or innovative initiatives to share, and wishing to contribute to the global conversation on ESD/Green TVET.
7) Be committed to mobilize youth peers in their community within 1 year after participating in the Workshop for ESD and Green TVET Youth Leaders and empower them to be actively engaged with ESD and /or Green TVET activities.
8) Be interested in being invited to participate as ESD and/or Green TVET youth representative in conferences, seminars and workshops around the world.
How to apply
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
- Application form: Please complete the Application Form in English.
- Download the Application Form sent by the organizers here
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- ESD/Green TVET Experience Tracking excel sheet (Download here)
Please submit your application by email (attaching the application form, your CV, and the ESD/TVET
experience tracking sheet) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Sunday August 16 th 2020 Midnight Beirut time
Participants will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Age: between 18 and 35 years old
- Experience: engagement, high interest and expertise in ESD/Green TVET
- Leadership: demonstrated leadership in their field, particularly among youth.
- Motivation: willingness and ability to actively take part in the training sessions, and share their learning with a wider community of youth.
- Commitment: integrity and commitment to advance ESD and Green TVET and contribute to the global youth network
- Be from one of the below countries of the Arab region; Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Geographic, gender, age balance, and field, sector diversity will be considered. Selection results will be sent out to all applicants by Sunday August 16th 2020 UNESCO ESD Youth Network Selected applicants who successfully complete the Training Course will be provided with a Certificate of Participation from UNESCO, and will be eligible to apply for membership in the UNESCO ESD Youth Network and Green TVET Youth Network.
The Youth Network will serve as platform for the Youth leaders to:
- Be invited to participate as youth representative in conferences, seminars and workshops around the world.
- Find mentors from the large variety of members of ESD and Green TVET platforms to get advice or support for the needs of Youth leaders.
- Be invited as mentor/facilitator of training workshops for ESD/Green TVET Youth Leaders around the world.
- Share information with other ESD/Green TVET Youth leaders around the world to help each other and collaborate on joint projects etc.