The Young Professional Program is a free initiative delivered by the SAP Training and Development Institute under the umbrella of the Skills for Africa Program. The program, which lasts for 3 months, is designed to give recent graduates the certifications and soft skills required to begin a career as an SAP Associate Consultant. At the end of the training, SAP TDI will work very closely with the YPP graduates to introduce them to a host of opportunities with SAP customers and partners to work as an SAP Consultant.
This program will be training you to become a Functional SAP Consultant in 2 key areas: SAP Business Process and Integration Scenarious and SAP Analytics Cloud.
SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) allows companies to transform their data into a trusted, ever-ready resource for business insight with extensive data integration. This allows users to connect data rather than just collect it. It also allows companies to have 24/7 access to the BI and data analysis tools they need to make faster, more informed decisions. The course will focus on planning, user management and roles, sourcing data and data wrangling. As part of the course participants will also complete practical exercises which demonstrate the integration of Machine Learning Technology into SAC through Smart Assist.
HOW YOU BENEFIT:
- Start your journey to become an SAP Consultant;
- Gain globally-recognised associate-level SAP Certifications;
- Learn directly from SAP experts;
- Experience classroom and workshop-based training in SAP Technologies;
- Develop the soft skills needed to prepare you for successful job applications;
- Benefit from introductions to job opportunities within the SAP Ecosystem to help secure a position after the training. Please note this program does not guarantee you a job at the end of it.
WHAT WE REQUIRE FROM A CANDIDATE:
As this program will be training graduates looking to pursue a career as an SAP Analytics Consultant there is a specific need for:
- Candidates must have the legal right to work in Select Country;
- Candidates must be currently unemployed or employed in a part time/non-permanent role not related to career aspirations;
- Candidates must be educated to at least Bachelor level in a field related to Management Information Systems / Information Systems / Information Technology, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering. Business Administration is also accepted if candidates can demonstrate their knowledge of Analytics through Education or work related experiences.
- Candidates will preferably have graduated within the last 3 years with a GPA in the top quartile – proof of this may be requested;
- Candidates must have a home in or around Johannesburg as travel / accommodation is not provided;
- Candidates must have a good internet connection at home as training may be conducted from home on various occasions.
- Candidates must have a keen interest in starting an SAP-related career involving travel;
- Candidates should be fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- The program will commence in mid- May 2020 and full-time availability from 9am – 6pm from Monday – Friday throughout the training is essential. The program will last for 3 months.
- Due to the spread of Coronavirus it is likely the training will take place online via a virtual classroom. Please ensure you have strong enough internet at home to be able to participate in this program.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Read more on SAP Young Professional Program