African Women Development Fund (AWDF) is happy to invite applications for the award of grants to African women’s rights organisations and groups to support activities that promote the wellbeing of women. Every year, AWDF supports innovative women’s rights groups and organisations under the small grants initiative, to coordinate activities around World AIDS Day and 16 Days of Activism against Gender-based violence.
This year, under this initiative, AWDF will focus on education and awareness on preventing violence against women and girls (VAWG) as well as promoting women’s access to comprehensive mental health and wellness services.
The grant size is a US$2,000. Therefore, eligible projects should have a budget of not more than US$2,000 to be supported by AWDF funds. The grant period will be for 4 months from the date of award.
How to Apply
Interested small sized women’s rights organisations should send in their proposals using the required application guidelines to the AWDF secretariat via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; The applicant must also complete and include a financial management assessment form and an outcome form
Download the Application Guidelines and budget templates here
- Must have been in existence for at least 3 years
- Must be duly registered, at least with its local government structure
- Must be led by a woman and have a focus on Women’s Rights
- Must have the needed organisational structures for effective implementation of the project
- Must have an appreciable financial management system to properly account for funds received
- Must be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project
- Must be highly recommended by a donor agency, a grantee or partner of AWDF, a well-known women’s rights organisation or the local government office
- Must complete the necessary application forms
- Must have an annual budget of not more than $100,000
NOTE: Please note that this is a very competitive process. Only successful applicants will be contacted.