24 October has been celebrated as United Nations Day since 1948. This year, the theme is “The Future We Want, The United Nations We Need: Reaffirming Our Collective Commitment To Multilaterism”.
This will feature a range of activities from keynotes, panel discussions, and a series of dialogue with participants to proffer ideas on the future we want in the United Nations.
Date: Thursday, October 24, 2019
Confirmed speakers include:
- Prof. Bola Akinterinwa (Former DG NIIA and CEO Bolytag Center For Diplomacy & Strategic Studies)
- Dr. Rosemary Popoola (Convenant University)
- Amb. Ayo Olukanni (DG NACCIMA)
- Abimbola Abikoye (Campaign Manager, ICCDI Africa)
- Dr. Segun Bolarinwa (Senior Research Fellow NIIA)
- Aderinsola Adio-Adepoju (STEMSkills)
- Amb. Olusegun Akinsaya (Former Nigeria Ambassador to African Union & Chairman of the event)
Read more on the United Nations Association of Nigeria website