Africans Rising for Justice, Peace and Dignity, invites African activists championing the fight against corruption across the continent and beyond to apply for the *Anti-Corruption Champion* competition which is meant to create awareness on African corruption fighters and give them the opportunity to work with other activists across the continent.
The competition which is meant to raise awareness on corruption in Africa. It will also highlight the creativity of African activists fighting corruption on the continent and give them the opportunity to work with other activists across the continent. Entries will be submitted from activists in the form of a Song, Poem, Video, Article, Cartoon, Research publication, Infographic, but focused on denouncing corruption and demanding transparency and accountability from African leaders.
The winner of the competition will become an Anti-Corruption Ambassador for the Africans Rising Movement and will receive Travel & Lodging paid trip to participate in the 2018 Africans Rising Activists in Residence program in Arusha, Tanzania.
Deadline to apply: August 10th, 2018
Rules for Participation
- Have nationality of any African Country or be an African-Descent.
- Be a member of the Africans Rising or become a member by signing up on our website
- Submitted work must be themed on Corruption and focused on Africa
- Work submitted must be Original and owned by the author or his organisation
- Submissions must be on works being done or completed and must have the applicant directly involved in implementing the project.
- Applicants can submit their project till August 10th, 2018
- 4 finalists will be announced on August 15th, 2018
- Members of the Africans Rising movement will vote for the candidates and the one with the highest number of votes will win the competition.
- Voting will open from August 15th-25th
- Winner will be announced on August 31st
Qualified Materials for Submission
Entries can be submitted in English or French
Winner of the contest will become an Anti-Corruption Ambassador for the Africans Rising Movement and will receive Travel & Lodging paid trip to participate in the 2018 Africans Rising Activists in Residence program.
NB: Shortlisted Entries will be announced on August 15th for the voting process to commence.
The application will open on August 1st and close on August 15th, 2018. All applicants are required to be members of the Africans Rising movement to qualify.
Read more on Africans Rising website