The Alliance of Civilizations launched by the Office of the Secretary-General of the United Nations and co-sponsored by the Governments of Spain and Turkey, responds to a broad consensus across nations, cultures and religions that all societies are interdependent, bound together in their development and security. The Alliance seeks to forge collective political will and to mobilize concerted action at the institutional and civil society levels to overcome the prejudice, misperceptions and polarization that militate against such a consensus. The Alliance hopes to contribute to a coalescing global movement which, reflecting the will of the vast majority of people, rejects extremism in any society.
Media and Information Literacy Education:
- Support, review and coordinate uploading of new content on MIL Clearinghouse
- Support communication with related initiatives and partners
- Assist with organization of MIL events
- Assist with communication with partners of the UNESCO UNITWIN UNAOC Global University Network on Media and Information Literacy and Intercultural Dialogue
- Assist with logistical details of UNESCO UNITWIN UNAOC’s activities (conferences, publications, etc.)
PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival on Migration, Diversity and Social Inclusion:
- Assist with the organization and other logistical details for the 2018 PLURAL + selection process and Award Ceremony
- Assist with the launching and outreach of PLURAL+ 2018
- Assist with the distribution of PLURAL+ 2017 Program
- Assist with updates of PLURAL+ website
- Communicate with PLURAL + partners and participants
PEACEapp, an initiative focusing on apps/games as venues for intercultural dialogue and conflict prevention
- Assist with the outreach of PEACEapp,
- Communicate with PEACEapp partners and participants
- Assist with updates of PEACEapp website
- Currently enrolled or recently completed university degree on Communications, Education, Political Science, or relevant program to UNAOC’s Media and Information Literacy initiatives.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; attention to detail; and determination to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience with social media and strong event organization skills is highly desirable.
- Experience organizing public events.
- Basic video editing knowledge (FCP, Adobe, and similar)
- Strong graphic design and layout skills, including familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop. Proficiency in Adobe Lightroom and/or Adobe After Effects would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of WordPress is necessary.
- Fluent in English with advanced written and verbal skills. Knowledge of other UN official languages is an advantage.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Further, UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Read more on the MIL Internship at UNAOC website