SHAD is a registered Canadian charity that empowers exceptional high school students – at a pivotal point in their education – to recognize their own capabilities and envision their extraordinary potential as tomorrow’s leaders and change makers. Each year, SHAD provides the opportunity for 900 students from across Canada and internationally to attend a month-long summer program, in-residence at one of Canadian host universities, focused on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math).
This is a 6-month contract position in support of SHAD’s effort to expand nationally while becoming increasingly representative of Canadian communities over time. Reporting to the Vice-President, Media and Communications, this role will support the Communications team in executing against its community engagement priorities and targets.
- Participate in developing long-range community engagement plans and metrics
- Achieve awareness and engagement goals across all social media and web platforms especially during our busiest time when the program is running in July
- Participate in editorial and content strategy setting and executing
- Engage daily with SHAD digital communities to ensure our channels have meaningful engagement with our community
- Ensure our digital community engagement agenda places a significant emphasis on outreach to underserved communities, in keeping with SHAD’s strategic plan to grow especially in underrepresented Canadian communities
The ideal candidate will have experience, expertise or strong interest in the following:
- One to two years digital media experience
- Social media measurement and reporting
- Editorial and content strategy
- Digital engagement expertise
- A keen eye for emerging issues, trends, or challenges
- Strong writing abilities
- Strong preference will be given to bilingual candidates with ability to post social media content in both French and English
- Passion for youth issues and empowering youth to reach their potential
This is a full-time contract role. The successful applicant will work from home except for meetings and site visits. Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume, as one PDF, to email@example.com by February 28, 2018. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Read more on SHAD Canada website