The COnsulate is seeking a motivated intern to help with work on all of the above topics, notably on research, analysis, and documentation related to PPPA’s daily work and focusing on British Government foreign policy objectives. Work will be project-based and will also include social media research and outreach (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching local, regional and national print and online media and identifying articles relevant to areas of interest.
- Undertaking background research in order to compose briefs and bios
on organisations and their personnel, topical issues and events.
- Helping to organise visit programmes for official UK delegations.
- Maintaining and updating contacts databases.
- Responding to requests for information on the UK.
- Assisting with the Consulate’s social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
- Must be a junior or a senior in an undergraduate programme, or enrolled in a graduate programme. Students majoring in International Relations, Political Science or Communications are required.
- research, analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- An understanding of international relations (preferably UK-US relations), US politics in San Francisco’s consular patch and traditional and social media.
Required competencies: Collaborating and Partnering
These are unpaid internships, for college credit only, but the Embassy does provide a stipend of $100 per month for transportation costs. This internship will start on 5 March 2018 and end on 1 June 2018.
Resume and a cover letter should be submitted by 3 January 2018. Please note in your cover letter if you are currently eligible to work at the Embassy.Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.