- A master’s degree graduate with studies focused on conservation science, MBA, conservation biology, enterprise development, tourism,marketing, China–Africa relations, project management, conservation, program design, communications and other related fields.
- At least three full years of experience working on African conservation issues with a serious and proven dedication to Africa and AWF’s mission.
- Superb written and oral skills. Fluency in English is required; fluency in French or Chinese is a great advantage. Familiarity with other languages relevant to work in Africa (e.g., IsiZulu, Kiswahili, Maa, Fon, etc.) is also a major plus.
- Willingness to relocate to Nairobi, Kenya, and proceed to long-termassignments at AWF project sites during the program, sometimes inharsh and remote physical conditions.
- A team player with high energy, willingness to learn, and a drive tosucceed, and must be able to work with ease within challenging andculturally diverse environments.
- One round-trip economy class air ticket between participant’s home city and Nairobi;
- Housing or allowance (for long term stay) in Nairobi while stationed at AWF’s HQ;
- Housing (appropriate to station location) while stationed in an AWF landscape or country office;
- Laptop computer for use while participating in CLMP (to remain the property of AWF);
- A stipend; and• Individual medical coverage and statutory insurances.
- CLMP Application Datasheet
- Cover letter describing the applicant’s personal link to conservation in Africa, and justification as to why s/he should be selected for the program (not to exceed twopages);
- Curriculum Vitae (not to exceed two pages);
- Summary of applicant’s master’s thesis/project and relevancy to AWF’s programs and mission (not to exceed three pages); and
- A minimum of three professional and/or academic references.
Individuals wishing to be considered for this program must apply by no later than April 15, 2017.
Incomplete applications will not be considered and successful applicants will be shortlisted.